No products in the cart
First Call June 16, 2020
- S&P futures up 1.5% after US equities finished higher on Monday, sharply reversing early losses. S&P futures rallied nearly 5% from their lows. Afternoon support a function of Fed announcement that it will begin buying a broad portfolio of corporate bonds under its SMCCF.
- Retail sales coming up in 10 min. Powell speaks today
- Asian markets higher overnight with South Korea and Japan the standouts, followed by solid gains in Australia, Hong Kong, mainland China, and Taiwan.
- European equities also seeing big gains.
- Treasuries weaker with the curve deepening.
- Dollar a bit better vs euro but weaker on yen and sterling crosses.
- Gold up 0.6%.
- WTI crude up 2.1%.