No products in the cart
FIrst Call August 9, 2021
- down 0.1% in Monday morning trading after US equities finished higher last week with growth and value largely in line and financials the best performing sector on a rate-driven rally in banks.
- Asian equities were mostly higher overnight with Greater China a standout, led by a 1%+ gain in the Shanghai Composite. Japan was closed for holiday.
- European markets narrowly mixed.
- Treasuries are unchanged to a touch firmer following a big backup in rates late last week. 10-year yields just below 1.30%.
- Dollar little changed vs euro and a bit weaker vs yen.
- Gold down 0.8%. "It wasn't me" with a bad fat finger trade last night
Chart on note
- Bitcoin up 6.4%. Chart on note
- WTI crude down 3.8% after falling 7.7% last week. Chart on note